Patient’s Rights & Responsibilities
We seek to provide exceptional care and the best possible experience for every patient and family. We want to work together with you to ensure you receive the clinical care, compassion and services you need. By understanding your rights and responsibilities, you can help us.
Patient’s and Family’s Rights; you have the right to:
- Have your privacy and confidentiality protected.
- Receive respectful, competent, safe and compassionate care.
- Have your cultural and spiritual beliefs respected.
- Be free from abuse, exploitation, discrimination and assault.
- Have access to your own medical records and how its information is used.
- Refuse service or leave against medical advice.
- Refuse to have certain people involved in your service.
- Participate in all aspects of your service and make personal choices.
- Have a support person or advocate involved in your service.
- Receive accurate information about your health care plan including expected and unexpected outcomes.
- Choose your health care provider.
- Have your possessions protected.
- Have your Newborn receive safe care while mother baby bonding being promoted.
- Be informed about the cost of your service.
- Voice your concern regarding your care plan, quality of service or exploitation of above mentioned bill of rights by dialing 00000000.
Patients’/Family’s and Visitor’s Responsibilities; you are responsible for the following:
- Provide full and accurate information contributing to your care.
- Adhere to the scheduled appointments.
- Bring only necessary articles to the hospital.
- Have a companion with admitted children.
- Avoid visiting patients if you are suffering from any communicable disease.
- Understand all the consequences when leaving against medical advice.
- Avoid taking photographs of others at the hospital premises.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations of the hospital.
- Ask for clarification to understand your care process.
- Handle Hospital equipment and property cautiously.
- Hand over self-used needles to nurses.
- Treat others with respect.
- Report safety risks when identified.